Happy Pesach! For Passover, we’ve invited Rebecca Balkin from Sweet Chick Bakery in Surry Hills to create a delicious Flourless Orange & Lemon Drizzle Cake.
2 oranges, washed
2 cups caster sugar
2 cups almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
For the lemon drizzle icing:
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Wash oranges and cook in boiling water for 1.5 – 2 hours or until soft and you can stick a knife through easily. Drain and allow to cool. Once cooled, puree until smooth.
2. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 26cm baking dish or spring form cake tin.
3.Beat the eggs and caster sugar until well combined. Stir in the orange puree followed by the almond meal, baking powder and salt.
4. Bake for 1-1 ¼ hours at 160°C until the top is golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
For the icing:
1. Combine icing sugar and lemon juice and mix to form an icing.
2. Use the back of a spoon or palette knife to spread over the cake.